Wood Chip Processing
We accept all types of wood waste, from virgin offcuts through to treated railway sleepers.
Over 100 tonne per day of wood waste is chipped for biofuel to replace coal at the Golden Bay Cement works near Whangarei. CID Resource Recovery is proud to be associated with Golden Bay Cement in this important project to divert significant volumes of wood waste away from Auckland landfills.
- All incoming material is weighed and checked for contamination before processing starts
- The process uses heavy duty specialised machinery starting with a slow speed shredder to break the wood into smaller pieces and release any steel contamination
- After passing by a magnet to remove steel, the broken wood is conveyed into a high speed chipper and sized to customer’s requirements
- A secondary magnet then removes any nails and remaining steel before the chip is conveyed into the chip storage hoppers
- Specialised chip liners transport the chip to Golden Bay Cement
- On arrival chip is fed via conveyor directly into the cement kiln supplementing coal as the fuel source.
Virgin untreated and pallet wood is chipped and processed for use as animal bedding and for large mulch projects.
View our recovery and wood chipping process here.
2012 EECA Awards: Excellence and Innovation